tisdag 2 februari 2010

on the road in broken britain


Hello cyberspace my names Rud Stewart. Ive covered my life the things that I have seen and done in my book "Sorry luv im not Rod Stewart", 7 years traveling the world, all wonderful people I have met and the twats Ive had the displeasure of coming across,
Now Im going to blog every gig I do the good,bad and fucking ugly. tell it as it is and stand for what i say. I cant spell, at the moment im working on a Swedish computer, so spell check is out the window but fuck it caution to the wind, I hope you follow my journey and enjoy, dislike, laugh,cry get pissed off or simple relate to some of the things I say, so here goes.

Friday 29th jan I did a great little place the London Tavern in Ringwood, wonderful people a very nice part of the world, Rolly who owns it is a great guy only problem he has is, he supports Southampton, I do the place 2-3 time a year and its always as good as the last time, I stay at a cracking little B&B the punters are bob on just a great place, Im so tired of humping my massive Mackie speakers about, bought a pair of the new JBL EONS lovely bit of gear and they fit in the boot, but they lacked a bit of humppp, so I drove back to Romford saturday morning and bought a basepin some LCD lighting and off i went heading north all happy with myself, stopped at a red traffic light, the twat behind me didnt bother smack, my audi looks like a right off, my necks in a brace fucking brilliant, mind I didnt go to hospital until sunday morning, luckily I have not broken my neck, just got whiplash and a headache from hell. anyway back to the story, I wont bore you with the fucking traffic in the UK we all know its horrendous.


Chesterfield, back to earth with a bang

It must be 10 years since I did a pub, 10 years on the rise, nice hotels, fancy parties,. meeting rockstars page 3 tottie even royalty!!,
So pulling up outside of the quitewomen in a little ran down estate near Chesterfield was a reality check.
Its a good thing going back to the grass roots, nowt fancy here, a few skagheads sitting on the wall, a couple of burnt out cars on the street windows on the houses boarded up Ive been told this is how most towns villages cities have gone? What a shock, shame and tragedy that this once wonderful country could fall so far and so fast. I used to watch shameless and laugh thinking, what a great bit of fictional writing, the thing is its not fictional at all, somebody with a bit of grey matter has just sat in a pub in a forgotten council estate and taken notes.
Now dont get me wrong the punters where fine with me, the landlord and lady lovely people, it was just a rude awakening, something that Brown Cammaron well all the turds who run England should go and experience maybe then they would close the doors to this country and restore a little pride in the English race?.
I did 90 minutes I never do 90 minutes !!!!!!! 90 long hard minutes the people looking at me with a strange detached distant look on there chops. You could really tell they just didnt know what to make of me, I do look and sound like Rod, there used to kareoke singers no disrespect meant, 90 fucking minutes later I was well happy to get the fuck out of dodge, see if I still had wheels on my car or even still a car?
"Where you going this old bird said" Im done "youve only done 92 minutes"!!!!!!!
"the turn always does 3 hours" not me love sseeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaa !
The money was shit i want even say how much, what I will say is I get more for one song In Norway than 92 minutes in Chesterfield.
As I was packing my stuff away a bloke in his 60s offered me wizz, a kid of around 18 coke the skagheads had the desires on my very nice and expensive new gear and I was very happy to get in my car and fuck off,
see you next time
cheers
Rud






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar