söndag 14 februari 2010

MUSIC MAFIA

In England its Simon Cowell, Sweden Bert Carlson, Germany that dodgey looking geezer with the Mel Gibson hairdo Dutta whoever (modern talking oh they were painful!
Every country has one, the Don of the Music Mafia, and if they cant make money off your back, well your foooked!!!!!!!.
As you may have gathered I travel a whole lot, and In Europe with the exception of BBC Radio 2, the commercial stations all plat the same 30 odd songs at least 10 times a day for months? and what a surprise they are all owned by the Music Mafia.
Now I dont blame the artists, who would turn down at on first sight looks life there dream ticket?
TV shows, Radio interviews, massive gigs the V.I.P dream, free drinks, limos GROUPIES well the list goes on and on.
But what happens after the 2 hits dry up? or they want to dare I say it write there own song!!!!!!!
Ask steve Brookstien or Leon i cant remember? wait another year and it will be Paul ?(Potts)
Now I made the mistake a few years ago of going on a talent show well 2 actually, what monumental mistakes they were, Ill go into detail someday, but the point is the contracts you have to sign before you even start singing, and as you probably know, yes its all fixed.
If you sing anything original the moment you do its no longer yours, and the best bit even if you go straight out the production company can claim up to 30% of your future income, I still have my copy from Cowells company (the x factor) I couldnt be arced to keep flying back for the next audition they called I hung up.
In these fixated days of reality TV its gone past the point of no return, just about every record you hear on the radio s a Mafia record, they end with with around 70% of the revenue, - the recording costs management agents flights etc etc the artist ends up with around 3% of all the dosh what a rip off.
I decided not to have anything to do with the tossers, hence I sit up every night promoting my new record in Japan Russia god knows where, I mail send links, hound Tv stations small and large continually gig left right and fucking center, and no joy, no airtime interviews, I cant give them holidays cars expensive perks, al I can give them are good songs,
Still not to worry Im doing well, I can look at myself in the mirror and not see a whore, and that my friends is worth more than any amount of money the Music Mafia could promise me for my soul
Ill sleep well tonight will they? I would imagine they sleep like kings in there Mansions paid for by other peoples blood
Until the next time
Be lucky
Rud

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar